Views of Fleatopia

Flea and Tal. Takin' on the world, one gaming system at a time!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

I live with my lovable, exasperating husband and our dog-ters, Bodie and Domi. We spend as much time together as possible considering the demands of work and life in general.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not Dead Yet!

So... I'm all graduated and have been working 3 twelves a week on the overnight shift. Because of this, I never get to talk to anyone. All the people I know live during the daytime! Well, all but Rusty. Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong. I like being on roughly the same schedule as my hubby, but we lose touch easily and quickly with people outside of our household. That's everyone but us, by the way.

Because of this I've been feeling really lost. I miss calls from friends and family. I just plain miss my friends and family. Badly. A lot. Rusty worries that I feel he's not "enough." That's not it at all. I just... Miss everyone. I get tearful when I think about it or start to admit it out loud. I guess that's normal, but I don't like it whatsoever.

I'm not kicking crap all over my co-workers with this. I like them. They're good people and most of them have major amounts of cool. I'm just not one of them as of yet. They've got groups that go hang out when they're not working. They go out drinking, etc. I did go out with them on New Year's morning. They worked. I didn't. But they called me anyway. Yay. They dig me a little! Bah. I dunno why I care so much.

Bodie continues to be the best dog ever. She's awesome and cute and smells pretty good right now since she went to the groomer a few days ago. She's learned how to high five and gimme ten. Even if she always wants to 'gimme ten.' Our biggest problem right now is her tendency to jump up on people whenever they come in. And before you ask, it's not angry jumping, but jumping for attention and to say "Hi! I'm down here! I'm cute! Pet me!" We're trying the ignoring her until she calms down method of controlling this behavior. Now if only the gaming group would actually follow through with the ignoring. It's hard for them. Cause she's damn cute.

I'll post some pics later today. I'm totally in a web mood. Expect more later!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home