Views of Fleatopia

Flea and Tal. Takin' on the world, one gaming system at a time!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

I live with my lovable, exasperating husband and our dog-ters, Bodie and Domi. We spend as much time together as possible considering the demands of work and life in general.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Re-Acquaintance

I stopped posting this spring because my beloved Horace died and everytime I thought about writing something about it I'd just get all teary-eyed and weepy. It was rough. I had to put him down because he developed Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia and nothing we were trying worked to make him better long term. So we put him to sleep and that was the all-time suckiest thing I've ever had to do.

Maybe because he was my last tangible link with Texas and my mom and family is why it hit me so very hard. Whatever the reason, it was horrible.

School starts back up next week and I'm a jellied, terrified mess over it. Second year is supposed to be easier, but the fact is I don't feel like I've held a whole ton of the info from last year in my brain for easy retrieval. I've tried to review the info from last year and end up rubbing my eyes and cussing instead of getting anywhere. I'm going to take advantage of the LAP(Learning Assistance Program) this year as much as I possibly can. I know I said that for a semester or two last year, but this year I MUST do so.

The first half of the first semester I'm going to be on a Med/Surg floor instead of OB for my clinicals, which is kind of a disappointment. I'm not sure what is going to be different about that compared to the Med/Surg floors we were on last year... but I'll find out. The super news about that is that the hospital where I'll be is within five minutes of home. FIVE. That makes a massive difference in my ability to sleep before clinicals. The second half of the semester I'll be back up in Cinci at Christ for OB. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about both parts of the semester. I'm just tickled to death that I get to sleep in an extra hour for the first half.

Rusty and I adopted a pup from the Boone County Animal Shelter over in Burlington after Horace passed. Since Rusty's gone at night, I feel better having a dog with me while I'm sleeping. She's alert at least and draws my attention to any little noise outside the bedroom. Boudicca is her name and she's a gorgeous girl. We have no idea what her actual lineage is, but I suspect either Smooth or Border Collie with some spaniel of some sort. There could be some shepherd in her also. People always ask what kind of dog she is and I answer, "Animal shelter special!"

Lots of people don't really get it. My humor:often a failure.

Bodie's been to obedience class at Petsmart and I was most pleased with both the teacher, the class structure, and the results. To be honest, the classes were about teaching the owners how to teach the pups more than focusing on the dogs themselves. It was a good thing too. The instructor's dogs were huge and very well trained. One of these days Bodie too will be able to pretend sneeze on demand.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

a) Glad to see you back in the blogosphere. Been worried aboutcha.
b) I'm still unsure of the mental stability of anyone legally allowing you to stab people with needles/sharp objects, but best of luck with the schoolin.
c) She's a cute lookin Pup. Definitely a heartbreaker, but then again they always are at that age. You're probably right on the smooth/rough collie part of her heritage, though at a (completely untrained) guess I'd say she's got some terrier in her more than spaniel, but what does it matter. If she makes your lives fuller and happier then that's all that's important.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! If you want to gain massive backlinks for your website and get massive traffic for your website check out this
[url=http://xrumerservice.org]xrumer[/url]
I just ordered from them before 1 month as of today my website rankings in google increased tremandously. My website is now #1 for quite a competitive keyword also got some traffic from this campaign. I was stupid enough and ordered also from some other xrumer service providers but oh boy this was like flushing down my money in toilet, I got maybe 30 backlinks from them and almost no traffic. After I read sales page at
[url=http://xrumerservice.org]xrumer blast[/url]
I now understand why other xrumer service providers failed with their junk blasts they sent nothing more then shit logs I couldn't even find one single direct link to my post. Then I got report from
[url=http://xrumerservice.org]xrumer blast[/url]

and ALL of the links in log file was working perfectly. I ordered only 10K links but they provided 12500. What an amazing xrumer service. No other xrumer service can stay even close. This is most powerful backlink service ever I have come accross period.

[url=http://xrumerservice.org]xrumer service[/url]

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home